Capturing elusive thoughts with the tip of a pencil

Capturing elusive thoughts with the tip of a pencil

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dialogue Exercise (Mission: Creeper)


The following is the result of me eavesdropping on some girls in a dorm lobby. The dots represent pauses in the speakers' conversation or places where my writing fell behind the actual speaking taking place. So there you have it.

“I can’t walk.”
“I need to start running more.”
“I know, my feet hurt.”
“My friend, the one from Nashville, for their Spanish projects, if you made the teacher food, he would give you extra credit.”
“In my Physics class in high school, we could bring him food any day and convince him not to teach that day.”
“That’s awesome.”
“So the chemistry demonstration was just like a huge fireball. When you use that high of an amount that can happen.”
“This is why I’m not doing anything related to math or science.”
“You don’t like fire?”
“No, I just hate math.”
“Yeah, I understand that.”
“We don’t need any more stressed out people in our room, please don’t.”
“Apparently travel planners have the highest suicide rate of any occupation.”
“I thought it was dentists?”
“Why do we know this stuff?”
“Ok, I’m friends with this guy on Facebook and he comments on my feed all the time and I don’t know him at all.”
“Yeah, there’s this guy who’s always like ‘Hey girl, yeah totally,’ and I don’t really know him.”
“I think it’s funny.”
“We never had to memorize that about him.”
“He knows so much random stuff.”
“Oh, I was totally asleep on that day.”
“Yeah, she threw a fit that day. I was like ‘Shhhh, everyone be quiet.’”
“She would be like ‘What’s next?’ and we’d be like ‘We don’t know, otherwise we wouldn’t be here.’”
“Weren’t you a cheerleader?”
“I was not actually.”
“Really? I’ve always thought you were a cheerleader.”
“It feels so amazing outside right now.”
“It’s maybe two degrees warmer than it is in this room right now.”
“I know, right?”

No comments:

Post a Comment